Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Carl Zeiss Jena Sonnar 180 /2,8 - Diaphragm setting
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 7:32 pm    Post subject: Carl Zeiss Jena Sonnar 180 /2,8 - Diaphragm setting Reply with quote

Hello,

I've just found, after some research, a CZ-Jena Sonnar 180/2,8 of a relatively early DDR production (s/n 4226437).

I see that the diaphragm setting ring has two chrome finished "buttons" and a round "window", through which I see the diaphragm value "22" so, I can freely rotate the setting ring from 2,8 up to the closest value, 22.

My question is whether there is a way to pre-set an intermediate value and see it through that round window, so that I can be sure to close at a pre-set value.

Many thanks in advance,

Enzo (E.L.)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Enzo. Someone who knows will post here. My guess is depressing one of the buttons while turning the ring will sett the number in the window.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

thank you for the reply.

The two "buttons" appear as being impossible to be depressed or moved in some way. The diaphragm ring, rotates freely and smoothly though, and the iris's blades are perfectly clean.

Let's wait for any further, most welcome input.

All the best,

Enzo