Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Nikon Nikkor-N 28mm f/2.0
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 11:14 am    Post subject: Nikon Nikkor-N 28mm f/2.0 Reply with quote

I was lucky enough to obtain a box full of nice goodies, among them the Granit lens (see other topic) and this non-Ai Nikon lens.
As it appears there is very little info about this one, or i am just not good a typing search strings in search-boxes....

Here are some samples, this lens is very flare resistant, you can almost point it right into the sun and afaik this isn't even the multicoated version.
These are all unprocessed vivid jpegs from Sony A7. If you want to see more, just ask and i'll shoot some more!

The bokeh wide open isn't nice (for me that is), others might like though. This is a very good 28mm lens, one of the best i have ever used, i was really impressed and i'm not at all a Nikon fan!

1. Wide open f/2.0
Nikon Nikkor-N 2/28 testshots by René Maly, on Flickr

2. f/2.8
Nikon Nikkor-N 2/28 testshots by René Maly, on Flickr

3. f/8

4. f/8

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like Dog

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A very good set of results for sure.
There is some information here:
https://www.mir.com.my/rb/photography/companies/nikon/nikkoresources/6070nikkor/wides/28mm.htm
Lucky you
Smile
Tom

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems like an nice lens.
Congratulations!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tuzki with lens

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the AIS version of this lens, which is probably a bit different, but the bokeh, typically for wide fast lenses of the era, is fairly busy.
Still good to have the option of shallow DOF at this focal length, plus reasonably good close focus.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 5:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you all! Good link to the MIR site!

Basilisk wrote:
typically for wide fast lenses of the era, is fairly busy.

Exactly, i have the Vivitar (Tokina) 1.9/28 as well, that's crazy bokeh!