Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Konishiroku Hexar 3.5/75, enlarging lens in the city
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2020 7:25 pm    Post subject: Konishiroku Hexar 3.5/75, enlarging lens in the city Reply with quote

Got one for a nice price and tested it immediately in urban environment, under greyish sky. I've seen its pretty brilliant rendering in portrait/flower usage. So decided to see it first at infinity work, and wow, the rendering is really good. It does not have the same capillar microcontrast as the best Planars do, like Rollei or Pancolar. But the global contrast accompanied with a kind of shiny mildness of surfaces gives a very pleasant result.

All shots are taken with Sony NEX-5, autocontrast in most cases is applied and sometimes contrast is slightly boosted a bit more.

#1 W/O at infinity under a pretty nice light

#2 Closer, dimmer

#3 This one shows how good it is at 5.6 at infinity

#4 Mid-range at f4.5

#5 A 100% unprocessed crop from the previous

#6 Back to infinity under dimmer light, no PP

#7 A 100% unprocessed crop from the previous scene at f3.5, center

#8 A 100% unprocessed crop from the same scene at f5.6, center

#9 Just for fun and for a nice colour rendition

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2020 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1 small

I have one with some dust inside. The best 75/3.5 I have tried.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2020 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1 Like 1 Like 1 looks excellent!!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2020 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

very nice!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2020 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for your feedback, dear fellows!

I rectify: #1 from the first set is taken at f5.6, I mixed the shots by accident when posting.

Due to the virus, I presume more indoor shots will follow soon here in the forum, unless you have a chance of living in the countryside or having a nice backyard.

I benefit from still easy circulation in these days, adding some more wide open shots from public places, including the underground. With this focal length and f3.5 widest aperture it is not the easiest task to shoot indoor, even at ISO 800. But the shots that come well show once again a pretty pleasing rendering.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2020 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just another shot showing how the lens renders artificial (neon) city lights: with a certain glow.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2020 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And finally a mid-range shot under a good sunlight, at f5.6

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2020 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2020 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you, sergtum!

Here is the lens on a FF Sony A7 which it stands very well (corner performance).

#1 At f3.5

#2 At f5.6

#3 An APS-C shot converted into BW

#4 A FF shot converted into BW