Home
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

First trial with Meopta Magnola
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 6:54 pm    Post subject: First trial with Meopta Magnola Reply with quote

I decide to make for first try selfportrait with that cam. I have borrowed Meopta Magnola for now with Largor 135/6.8 glass. It was also used for this picture. Film was Fomapan 100 with Kodak D76 developer. Technical details f-stop f6.8 and 1/4s shutter and 10x15cm negative. Of course it is not focused well. But at least I try. Large format is large format. Don't forgive bad focusing.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1 Like 1

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is still a good picture, a very nice portrait. And although it might be blurred, you can still tell that it is a good lens - if that makes sense?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you. I was quite surprised with that slow aperutre but when I see that result I can say that on that format is fast enough. Still you can get good out of focus background or foreground on such wide lens. And I would love to test it either with something narrower and faster. I might put out some examples when it comes on that.