Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Trilliums in Three Dimensions
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 5:29 am    Post subject: Trilliums in Three Dimensions Reply with quote

Sorry about yet another Trillium group. However, I feel that this image has those 3-dimensional qualities that Orio has expounded upon with, for instance, his Zeiss 50/3.5.

Though the image is nothing to write home about, I do like the microcontrast, and the overall crisp feel. For instance the leaves of the Trilliums show a density of color and a density of micro-details that I feel makes the image feel very "real". I feel like jumping in!

Please tell me your thoughts. Am I off-base, or is there a good quality about the exposure and details and dimensionality? It's always truly difficult to look at one's own image and know whether I'm "seeing things" or not! Laughing

Perhaps some Unsharp Mask would assist in making this better, but I'm not sure I need to have it any sharper than it is. I used the Epson algorithm for sharpening in the scanner, and I am finding that I like the setting.

Planar 80/2.5
f:5.6 1/60th
Provia 100

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

YES !!

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't sharpen it Larry - you'll lose the natural 3D feel.

It's perfect as it is IMO. Cool

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Orio and Bob! I'm glad that you feel there is a dimensional aspect to the image; as I indicated, sometimes one can tend to 'read in' an attribute that's not really visible to others with more objective views.

Bob, I tried an Unsharp Mask in Photshop, and you are correct. The image lost its integrity.

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's an excellent capture, Larry, with beautiful colors!

Bill

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Katastrofo wrote:
It's an excellent capture, Larry, with beautiful colors!

Bill

Thank you very much, Bill. Very Happy

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice, that planar looks like a real nice fit for you. It's hard to imagine anything that would not be Wink

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow!

Very 3D . . .

As always, I'm impressed!

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laurence
I turn my back for a bit and there you go. Another treat for all of us. Love the trillium family and that is a real winner - definitely 3D.

patrickh