Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

The Reomar lens
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:47 pm    Post subject: The Reomar lens Reply with quote

My question is ... was the Reomar only ever used on Kodak cameras? I know it was fitted extensively to a long range of Retinettes and that these lenses are three-element glass and work very well (I've adapted an f/3.5 50mm for use on my Pentax DSLR http://forum.mflenses.com/viewtopic.php?p=1500843#1500843 ). Most of these were manufactured (or at least badged) Schneider-Kreuznach, though some were manufactured/badged Rodenstock. Is it possible that the lens was actually a Kodak design?

I also know that the Reomar name featured on some Kodak Instamatics. I'm anticipating these were plastic, were these also three-element lenses, or were these just named "Reomar" as a trading exercise?

TIA

Chris

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know why, but I saw, in the past, some REOMAR triplets made by Scheider and by Rodenstock.