Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Bid Old Delft auction - Seeking input
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 6:18 pm    Post subject: Bid Old Delft auction - Seeking input Reply with quote

I bid this Wollensak auction, without knowing what I was doing, and lost:

Click here to see on Ebay then click see original listing

Apparently this lens was manufactured, in Holland by Old Delft, for Wollensak, USA.

I thought it might be a valuable lens but, again, I was operating mostly in the dark and limited my bid accordingly. I was not put off by the while paint which I thought could be removed.

Does anyone know about this lens or know its rough actual value?

The lens is said to be rare. Does anyone actually own one of these? Is it a good lens?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know very little about Olde Delft lenses except that they tend to command top tier collector prices, even moreso than Angenieux, which already seem pretty expensive to me. Optically speaking I am clueless. I do have one Angeineiux lens. Its a zoom and is still attached to the Carena double 8 film camera. (I can't seem to figure out how to remove the lens without destroying the camera). Anywy good luck with you Olde Delft hunt.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Fototel had a pretty bad reputation I remember, but there were much better leses made there...

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 7:40 pm    Post subject: oude Delft Reply with quote

And some of the Oude Delft lenses were produced for Alpa under licence (?) by Spectros in Switzerland.

p.