Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Devils Tower - In IR
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 8:34 pm    Post subject: Devils Tower - In IR Reply with quote

I stopped by Devils Tower on my way to vacation in Minnesota. I've camped and hiked here before, but I wanted to try a little IR photography and it was only an hour's detour on my road trip.

I took some film shots as well with my Fuji G690 BL and might post them later.

These are just a few quick shots I took during the 30 minute visit to the park. Now I wish I took a longer visit to get just the right shot/setups, but these'll do!

All were shot with a stock Fuji X100S and a Hoya R72 720nm IR filter. The X100S really works well with the IR filter as it has a very weak hot mirror on the CMOS.

Devils Tower X100S IR 1 by Andrew Marjama, on Flickr

Devils Tower X100S IR 4 by Andrew Marjama, on Flickr

Devils Tower X100S IR 3 by Andrew Marjama, on Flickr

Devils Tower X100S IR 2 by Andrew Marjama, on Flickr

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1 Like 1 Like 1 Like 1 excellent!! Amazing work!

[PS: IR starts at 750nm, 720 is deep red Smile ]

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lovely shots certainly a great location for Infra red.

Klaus the start of Infra red is not clearly defined, many sources quote 700nm. Human vision at the red end of the spectrum varies significantly though perhaps not quite as much as at the UV end (Young people can typically see shorter wavelengths) In any event R72 is very much the standard for infra red photography.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1 Like 1