Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Some wicked lenses...
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 5:38 pm    Post subject: Some wicked lenses... Reply with quote

...few I have never seen before. Looks like mutations or genuine? For sale here: http://www.ebay.de/usr/e-on-lens-seller
I have no connection with the seller just interested in your opinion. Can't stop looking at that Berolina (looks Tokina body) Click here to see on Ebay.de

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yep, some interesting ones indeed. THx for sharing!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Indeed! Orestor 100mm in FD mount!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That Rodenstock Rotelar 135 is a weirdly handsome piece.
Very sculptural.
They certainly don't make them like that anymore.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some of them look like mods. Orestor 100/2.8 in FD mount? With M42 aperture pin? And that supposedly German "Berolina" with JCII sticker and A/M switch that looks so familiar.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think they are modified, seems to be well done, some could use a good cleaning, I don't know why some people don't clean their lenses prior to selling, they could sell for more...
I do like that Olympus Exakta 4cm.

At least he's being honest:
"VINTAGE beautiful LENSES WELL PRESERVED,BUT do NOT PRETEND TO be IDEAL.SOLD AS IS"

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gardener wrote:
Some of them look like mods. Orestor 100/2.8 in FD mount? With M42 aperture pin? And that supposedly German "Berolina" with JCII sticker and A/M switch that looks so familiar.

Yes, that's a Japanese lens for sure.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lightshow wrote:
I do like that Olympus Exakta 4cm.

Which, amazingly, turns out to be a real thing.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mamiya and Topcon both produced cameras with the Exakta mount. Funnily enough, the standard lens for the Mamiya was made by Canon, a 1.8/50 with amber coating, not the same as the contemporary Canomatic 1.8/50.

So I'm guessing that Olympus in Exakta was more aimed towards Mamiya and Topcon users than actual Exakta users.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont really know and am wary of burning my mouth again.

But I wouldnt rule out the possibility that Berolina is simply a fantasy (re)label like Danubia, Soligor ...

What would irk me about the lens is that it has the polygon-rounded grips I know from 55/1.8.