Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Hoya question regarding 100mm f2.8
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:50 am    Post subject: Hoya question regarding 100mm f2.8 Reply with quote

Hoya vintage MF lenses are, of course, not at all uncommon. I own a few myself, actually. But after much research I've drawn a blank on this matter so am requesting your help.

Regarding Hoya-branded, prime, automatic, MF lenses from "back in the day":

Have you ever seen or run across a Hoya 100mm f2.8 automatic lens?

If you actually own such a lens I would be very interested to learn how you like it.

Note:

I probably should mention the lens I'm asking about might not even exist. That's what I hope to learn, whether or not such a lens was ever marketed by Hoya.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AFAIK, Hoya never marketed a 100mm lens.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DigiChromeEd wrote:
AFAIK, Hoya never marketed a 100mm lens.

Many thanks, Edgar. That probably accounts for my inability to find information on such a lens. But I did not know.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hoya lenses are simply rebadged Tokinas - Hoya is the parent company. There are a couple of exceptions however, at least two zooms made by Ozone/Ozunon, but the rest are Tokinas and there is no 2.8/100.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here, a member just posted from 1978..only a 135mm is listed