Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Anyone shot large format right on print paper?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 10:05 pm    Post subject: Anyone shot large format right on print paper? Reply with quote

One of the print-paper makers makes a positive printing paper, b&w. Seems to be this could be loaded into a large format camera and shot that way, developing it in trays in the darkroom. No negatives, no printing. I wonder if anyone has done this?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, paper is not film however, it is very slow and much lower resolution. It works but the results are 'artistic'.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ian is being too modest Smile too bad the photos are missing from his and others' earlier posts -- they were really good imho...

The message threads are still there, contain valuable information, but the images were lost during MFlenses server crash a while ago Sad

To see the threads go to http://forum.mflenses.com/search.html to search for "paper"

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll try to find my paper negatives pics, there was a still life of a wine bottle that I was pleased with.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did some experiments with this some years ago.

One of my posts -

http://forum.mflenses.com/viewtopic.php?t=30460&highlight=%2Bpaper&sid=db4d58fda10613b6d78169b71efb5249

Some others -

Paper Negative Zeiss Biotessar 16.5cm/2.8 by luisalegria, on Flickr

Paper Negative Zeiss Biotessar 16.5cm/2.8 - Meridian camera by luisalegria, on Flickr

meridian6 by luisalegria, on Flickr

meridian5 by luisalegria, on Flickr

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great images luisalegria! I love large fromat and relative fast lenses!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for sharing Luis! (Actually I remembered your posts too but didn't remember who posted, howto search for... )