Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Samyang AF 35/2.8 FE
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 6:08 pm    Post subject: Samyang AF 35/2.8 FE Reply with quote

It is not a manual lens, it has no diaphragm ring, the focus ring is not mechanical, there are no distance marks ... what's so special about it?

Weight 85 grams!
Length 33 mm!

Whoo Turtle Record!! Tuzki with lens

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's nearly twice the size of the Samsung NX 2/30 so it's hardly groundbreaking.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the zeiss, and very happy with that. This one will not have as nice bokeh, look at the iris (!)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, that Samsung (APS) is truly tiny, but the reference was to FF. The Samyang (7 elements) covers complete format with the same weight as the Samsung (5 elements), which seems to me a great achievement.

Is there a 35/2.8 FF that matches in weight and size to this Samyang? I think not.

I guess Sony Zeiss 35/2.8 should be better, but I just assume, we should wait for tests. MTF graphics have in Samyang website a similar look. Waiting to know the final price and test, if the difference in quality of results is about 5%, my decision is clear... for me the weight is definitive.

Happy shots!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm coming to love my zeiss 35 2.8, but if Samyang can deliver something that people like from what they see, and delivers on price point. Good for them. Each to their own and competition is only good for the market, no? I am keen to see some actual test's and shots once this lens actually starts to circulate through reviewers.