Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Jupiter-8M Bokeh
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 8:58 pm    Post subject: Jupiter-8M Bokeh Reply with quote

Jupiter-8M first time test around the garden on my a7. The Contax mount is a strange one. First trying to mount a Jupiter 12 and having to search google for help before succeeding Smile

And for those who like unedited photos:

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice shots!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice shots! Another example of the wonderful results capable of achieving with the venerable Sonnar design!

P.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 7:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Jupiter-8M Bokeh Reply with quote

Could you please tell me with what lens did you took first picture? I love the bokeh star like Smile. Thank you!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Jupiter 8M does produce star bokeh like that.
I'm sure that blotafton will respond about which lens he used.
If he does not mind my posting an image here - this one was taken with the Jupiter 8M
Tom

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was the Helios 103 if I remember correctly. It has nice swirl too if you want Smile

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oldhand wrote:
If he does not mind my posting an image here - this one was taken with the Jupiter 8M
Tom

I took the other day one Jupiter 8 ( m39 mount - was on a fed 4 ) but it seems that I cannot use on my 60d because it doesn t focus to infinity. My adapter seems fine..I dont't know what to do and what adapter I must buy in order to work.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

blotafton wrote:
It was the Helios 103 if I remember correctly. It has nice swirl too if you want Smile

wow! It s a "normal" lens? I have to look for it. Thank you!!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Danye wrote:
Oldhand wrote:
Tom

I took the other day one Jupiter 8 ( m39 mount - was on a fed 4 ) but it seems that I cannot use on my 60d because it doesn t focus to infinity. My adapter seems fine..I dont't know what to do and what adapter I must buy in order to work.

You might only need an M39-M42 adapter ring and then use it on M42 to EOS adapter.
My Jupiter 11 in M39 mount was the same registration distance as M42 and would not work on M39 adapter.
T

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oldhand wrote:
Danye wrote:
Oldhand wrote:
Tom

You might only need an M39-M42 adapter ring and then use it on M42 to EOS adapter.
My Jupiter 11 in M39 mount was the same registration distance as M42 and would not work on M39 adapter.
T

Thank you! I will look for this adapter! Thanks again

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Danye wrote:
blotafton wrote:

wow! It s a "normal" lens? I have to look for it. Thank you!!

53mm f1.8
Here's one with an E mount adapter.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Helios-103-lens-1-8-53mm-E-mount-for-Sony-NEX-Excellent/263226638082
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Contax-RF-KIEV-RF-to-Sony-NEX-adapter-with-focusing-part-HELIOS-103-f1-8-53mm/291811083844

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oldhand wrote:

T

The J-11 was also made for the Zenith DSLR with a 39mm thread but a registration distance almost identical to M42. So not every "M39" is identical.

The Jupiter 8 in M39 was only made as a LTM-rangefinder lens, which has a shorter registration distance than a Canon DSLR. So it will not focus to infinity.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update, it was not the Helios 103, it doesn't have that aperture. Sorry for the bad information.

It must have been my Pentax Macro Takumar 50mm f/4 1:1 version. I just checked and it has the star shaped aperture.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oldhand wrote:
Tom

[url=http://forum.mflenses.com/userpix/20186/big_6748_DSCF1101_1.jpg][/url]

I have checked my Jupier and it doesn t have this star like shape in blades. Are you sure that this lens make this kind of bokeh? Can you please show me the aperture? Thank you!!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sjak wrote:
Oldhand wrote:

T

The J-11 was also made for the Zenith DSLR with a 39mm thread but a registration distance almost identical to M42. So not every "M39" is identical.

The Jupiter 8 in M39 was only made as a LTM-rangefinder lens, which has a shorter registration distance than a Canon DSLR. So it will not focus to infinity.

Oh! Thank you for this information, I didn t know. If I buy adapter m39 to Sony a6000 it will work? Those terms with flange and distance and stuff are OZN for me Smile), I'm only a girl with passion for old lenses Smile).

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blotafton wrote:
Update, it was not the Helios 103, it doesn't have that aperture. Sorry for the bad information.

It must have been my Pentax Macro Takumar 50mm f/4 1:1 version. I just checked and it has the star shaped aperture.

[url=http://forum.mflenses.com/userpix/20186/big_7206_20180620_2246sd38_1.jpg][/url]

Thank you!! Now I have another lens on my list Smile and it s not cheap.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Other lenses with star-bokeh:

- Industar 61 lz MC, a 50 2.8 1:2 Macro-lens in M42; the letters "lz MC" are important though, otherwise it's just a regular 50 2.8.
- Volna-9, also 50 2.8 Macro, but a very good one. Can still be found unused. My most used lens when I make pics for sales ads of gear.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Danye wrote:
Oldhand wrote:
Tom

[/url]

I have checked my Jupier and it doesn t have this star like shape in blades. Are you sure that this lens make this kind of bokeh? Can you please show me the aperture? Thank you!!

It's Jupiter 8M that has that shape. At least some of them has it.

Danye wrote:
blotafton wrote:

[url=http://forum.mflenses.com/userpix/20186/big_7206_20180620_2246sd38_1.jpg]

Thank you!! Now I have another lens on my list Smile and it s not cheap.

Mine was $50 "buy it now" price, not so bad Very Happy

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2020 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not a bokeh series, but some flowers from our garden this morning.
On Fuji X-E2s
Tom

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2020 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2020 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice shots Like 1 small