Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

My First Contax
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 3:54 pm    Post subject: My First Contax Reply with quote

I just won this auction:

Click here to see on Ebay

The outfit is located in France, so it's gonna take some time for it to make it all the way to Texas. I hope the seller packs it well.

So I paid 112 Euros for a 139 Quartz. Why would I pay so much for a 139 Quartz, you might be wondering? Well, take a look at the lens that is mounted to the camera. Take a very close look. It's a Tamron and it's a prime. The only Tamron prime that I know of that looks like this is the 17mm f/3.5. I own a Tamron 17mm, so I compared it with the lens mounted to this Contax, and I'm convinced it's a 17mm.

So, what's the going price for Tamron 17s these days? 112 Euros is a pretty good deal, just for the lens, isn't it?

Since I own a Tamron 17 already and since I definitely don't need two, I'll keep the cleaner of the two and the other will be eBay bound. I love it when I can find deals like this. Not only will I make money off this deal, but it means I'll get the Contax and the Tamron Contax adaptall-2 mount for free. Yep.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

there are two versions? so it is this one
https://www.tamron.co.jp/data/a2-lens/151b.htm

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats Like 1

Yep, that is the newer version of the 17mm Tamron.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 4:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I have a Tamron 17 just like that one, which is why I recognized it.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 5:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cooltouch wrote:
Yes, I have a Tamron 17 just like that one, which is why I recognized it.

Not, needed, on the 4. image the lens name 151B is shown Smile

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It doesn't say that the lens is included in the sale

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

trev wrote:
It doesn't say that the lens is included in the sale

"Bundled Items: Lens"
it should be

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I made sure the lens was included before I bid. It would have been unethical not to include it in the sale since the lens was shown in most of the photos and there was no mention that it wasn't included. Besides, as Kansalliskala notes, it was listed as a "bundled item." The seller provided only the briefest of information -- and it was in French, which I don't speak. But i know how to use Google Translate. Cool

To wit:

"Vintage Contax 139 Quartz
bon etat"

"etat" means basically 'condition', so "bon etat" is clear enough, but no specific reference to the lens.

At any rate, it was mailed yesterday, so I'll have it soon enough.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any news for us about the camera and lens? Did it arrive? Was the lens what you expected?