Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Alinar 3.5cm F1.4 on NEX 5N
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 3:31 pm    Post subject: Alinar 3.5cm F1.4 on NEX 5N Reply with quote

Got this lens for a long time. My friend help me to clean it up and I install it into a helicoid myself. It is an uncoated lens with a build-in iris. It may be projection lens to the best of my knowledge.

All photos taken at wide-open. I expect a good one will perform better as mine has quiet a lot of scratch on the rear element.

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks good to me so far, bit lack of contrast and some flare
as expected...
Surprised that it has a built in iris!!

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks funky, my favorite kind of tool.

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes. It is fun to use this lens and it perform a bit better than I expected. I will stop it down next time and post samples here.

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's got a crazy unique rendering! I'm curious, what's wrong with the 2nd image? It's like the left side is more in focus than the centre, which is further away, and then the right side is in focus again.

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Teemō wrote:
It's got a crazy unique rendering! I'm curious, what's wrong with the 2nd image? It's like the left side is more in focus than the centre, which is further away, and then the right side is in focus again.

This lens shows strong field curve. You can also observe the field curve in #5.

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

calvin83 wrote:
Teemō wrote:

You are not kidding! Rarely seen such a strong example.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Basilisk wrote:
calvin83 wrote:
Teemō wrote:

You are not kidding! Rarely seen such a strong example.

Right!