Home
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

PK Speedbooster + M42 adapter.
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 11:14 pm    Post subject: PK Speedbooster + M42 adapter. Reply with quote

Thinking of getting a Speedbooster (Make undecided as yet) and I was wondering if I could kill two birds with one stone.My Legacy Lenses are a mixture of M42 and PK mounts,so if I bought a PK to M4/3 Speedbooster would I be able to use it for M42 lenses by fitting one of those small PK to M42 ring type adapters meant for Pentax cameras?? Has anyone tried this?

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a EOS speedbooster that I use with EOS-PK & EOS M42 adapters. When I got it there wasn't a PK speedbooster made.
It works very well & can also be adapted to quite a few other mounts if required. The lack of electronic communication would probably be a pain for EOS lenses, but I don't have any of those Smile

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've tried the same, but with a simple adaptor not a speed booster as I also have all m42 or pk.

From my experience, I would say that if you are going down that route, try the Pentax OE ring convertor rather than a copy, as I did. The combination of the Chinese m42 to PK, on to a PK to m4/3 adaptor was too much to ask in terms of tolerances. Light was getting in.

Pentax OE ring convertors seem to be around £35, and say K&F boosters are now around £65. So the costs have narrowed somewhat.

Having said that, one layer of insulating tape around the joint of the combo I tried was effective, but not a great look. I junked it, but it was only a few quid to try it out.

I hope that gives some food for thought Eddie.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the feedback and apologies for *Forgetting* I had posted this question (age has its problems!)

Just as a parallel exercise I tried fitting an A mount to m4/3 adapter with the M42 to A mount adapter,it was a complete shambles and too much too expect.Possible the Cheapo A mount to M4/3 adapter was to blame.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What вould be the difference between MF-->FF reducer x0.7 and FF-->MFT reducer x0.7?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

baychlen wrote:
What вould be the difference between MF-->FF reducer x0.7 and FF-->MFT reducer x0.7?

Mainly the mounts & the diameter I think Smile
I think optically the same arrangement can be used, but the front & rear flange distances will probably be critical.