Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Tamron AD2 35-135mm f3.5-4.5 40a
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 5:33 pm    Post subject: Tamron AD2 35-135mm f3.5-4.5 40a Reply with quote

I have just got a nice mint copy of this lens - been harder to come by than some of the other AD2 lenses in my collection

Tested today in some dull conditions just after a downpour of rain ... you know it is that time of the year here in the UK when the peonies come into full bloom...it always rains and spoils them!!!

Anyway over to the lens to show its capabilities on the Nikon D3 - great detail, lovely colours - I think this one could get some heavy use, especially with its smaller size and weight compared to the earlier 22a lens

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very good result with the 40A Mark. IMO this is one of the better adaptall zooms. And its close focus at 35mm produces way better results than at 135mm with the 22A.

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marcusBMG wrote:
Very good result with the 40A Mark. IMO this is one of the better adaptall zooms. And its close focus at 35mm produces way better results than at 135mm with the 22A.

Hi Marcus

I have to agree with you with our view of the 40A being one of the better AD2 lenses, although so far I have been able to get good results from most apart from the 71A

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice results. This is one of those adaptalls that isn't an SP that you wonder why it isn't. It's optical performance alone should include it with the SPs.

I have the SP 28-135. I wonder how close the two are in terms of optical performance. I don't think mine can compete with the macro setting. It only gets down to 1:4.