Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Konica Hexanon 80-200 f3.5
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 8:09 am    Post subject: Konica Hexanon 80-200 f3.5 Reply with quote

I took some of my lenses out today including a new copy of the Hexanon 80-200 f3.5. Here are some reference shots. This lens is a very nice option in the 80-200 range. It's heavy and large and harder to nail focus than with some of my other lenses, but it is a high quality optic.

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone knows how to disassemble this lens from the top? I need to clean first front elements inside and I cannot unscrew top of the lens, after removing blocking bolt.

Last edited by gud on Thu May 18, 2017 11:19 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gud wrote:
Anyone knows how to disassemble this lens from the top? I need to clean first from elements inside and I cannot unscrew top of the lens, after removing blocking bolt.

If you are not experienced repairman i would advice against doing zoom service.

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pancolart wrote:

If you are not experienced repairman i would advice against doing zoom service.

Well, there is no other way. Service will probably costs too much . I got this lens for 10 EUR from the pile of garbage on flea market, and considering internet opinions , i do not think it worth to invest more money into it. Will try to not forget to put the pictures here when i disassemble it.

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gud wrote:
Anyone knows how to disassemble this lens from the top? I need to clean first front elements inside and I cannot unscrew top of the lens, after removing blocking bolt.

Four group zooms (and the AR 3.5/80-200 is a four group zoom!) often have a front group (=focusing group) that can be dismantled quite easily. I will check it tomorrow and see if there's a simple way to dismantle & clean it!

Opening and cleaning the zoom mechanism is another thing - usually much more complicated, and not so easy to do.

Stephan

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevemark wrote:
I will check it tomorrow and see if there's a simple way to dismantle & clean it!

Stephan

Thank you! I will post pictures of problematic place.

Update:
I was able to disassemble the lens. I got confirmation of the theory that old Konica`s coated elements are prone to unrecoverable coating degradation.
One that looked as fungus , actually was coating degradation and became worth after tries to clean it up.
Will create separate thread in lens cleanup and repair forum.