Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Tamron SP lens help request
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 8:22 pm    Post subject: Tamron SP lens help request Reply with quote

I sold my Tamron SP 70-150 f2.8 SP soft focus lens. Buyer did return it, because apperture visible at F2.8 with any adaptall mount , blades are close less than half F STOP. Is any of you you experienced similiar before ? I saw similar sometimes on other lenses I remember for Russian primes. I will try meassure is it impact real F stop value or not.

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do blades open fully without mount attached (just checking Smile )?

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes, without mount they do.

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 3:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

With mount, set aperture to 2.8, zoom to 150mm; full open now?

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

visualopsins wrote:
With mount, set aperture to 2.8, zoom to 150mm; full open now?

no less than half stop closed I dont remember for zoom important ?

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm outdoors right now, but i'll probably have access to my SP 2.8/70-150mm SoftFocus this evening. I'll check it.

Might it be a problem of the Adaptall adapter?

Stephan

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It should be full open, but the adapter can be the cause. I have one adapter that is not fully open.

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a problem like this with an 01B (24mm). The little wheel that is pushed on by the plate on the adaptall mount, and that actuates the iris, is mounted on a wee bracket that can get slightly bent. Staightening this bracket (or replace it, it's a standard part) fixed things - quite easy to do, you need to remove the mount. Watch out for tiny little shim washers sandwiched between the layers.
Aha - found the pic. Bracket and wheel arrowed.

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you to all of you!!! Looking forward more experience!

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Thank you to all of you!!! Looking forward more experience!

I just got the message that my Sony A mount "Adaptall-2" has arrived at the post office, which means that i can answer your question tomorrow in more detail (i'll have to pick it up at the post office).
Stephan

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have checked my Tamron SP 2.8/70-150mm Soft Focus with several Adaptall-2 adapters, and at all focal lengths. The aperture at the setting "2.8" is always completely open.
I hope that helps to clarify the situation.
Stephan

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you!!