Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Tamron AD2 28-50mm f3.5-4.5 07a Macro test
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 12:18 pm    Post subject: Tamron AD2 28-50mm f3.5-4.5 07a Macro test Reply with quote

Just received a nice copy of the 07A lens

So it was time to test out the macro capabilities on another Amaryllis flower indoors as it has clouded over here in Cheshire. I was pleasantly surprised by the detail it has captured, although I found the focussing on this lens quite tricky with tiny amounts of turn on the focussing ring seemed to make a huge difference

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice result Mark. Macro focussing is always ticklish - the depth of field is only millimetres (6mm according to this depth of field calculator, at f8, 50mm, 25cm subject distance (=cfd), apsc camera ). I use a macro rail on a tripod if I can. Hand holding I often just let myself ease slightly forward and snap a quick burst of usually 3 images as I see best focus and/or get focus confirm in the VF.

I haven't tried the close focus on my 09A, I want to add this lens, and the 07A, to some comparative tests I did some time ago of close focus with several of the mid range zooms.

http://forum.mflenses.com/adaptall-mid-range-zoom-close-focus-comparison-t67063,highlight,%2Badaptall+%2Band+%2Bclose+%2Bfocus.html

Although the 07A is certainly a style sibling to the 35-70mm 09A and 17A, it's optically more distinct, the 35-70's are very much derived from the 01A.

07A. Image from adaptall-2.com

Last edited by marcusBMG on Tue May 02, 2017 5:56 pm; edited 2 times in total

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is the image on the far right the 07a? It isn't labeled. It's also distinctively different from the other three, which are quite similar.