Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Konica Pearl III, HELP needed with rangefinder adjustment
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 11:43 pm    Post subject: Konica Pearl III, HELP needed with rangefinder adjustment Reply with quote

Just acquired the Pearl III and I have found that the rangefinder is not reporting the correct distance, not even close. I guess I've been lucky because the Pearl is the fifth old rangefinder I have purchased and its the first one noticably off.

Checking around the internet I can find nothing specific to adjusting the rangefinder on Konica Pearl's. So I plunged ahead and removed the top plate and found two screws just behind (closer to the film side) the 45° mirror that is just behind the rangefinder opening (not the viewfinder opening). The screw just behind the mirror adjusted the vertical. The screw behind that adjusted the horizontal. Got it all adjusted at about 8 feet and felt very proud of myself, but then discovered the rangefinder did not converge at infinite. Getting that correct made the close focus off. From what I have read on various forums it seems there are at least two adjustment screws: one for close and one for infinite. But what have I adjusted? Close or infinite? And where is the opposite adjustment screw?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 5:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome ricklb55. Any luck?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No luck. I tested all my other rangefinder cameras against a known distance and almost all of them were off. Some of them are close enough to fall within the DOF but nevertheless I have decided to use a separate rangefinder device that has tested dead on accurate, AND its easily adjusted, and transfer that distance to my rangefinder cameras.