Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Agfa Sensor
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 2:57 pm    Post subject: Agfa Sensor Reply with quote

So, this sold for a lot more than I expected to (and was willing to pay)... Anyone used one before? I've got the metal-bodied variant (Selectronic S Sensor) but haven't got images back from it yet. These use the best Tessar lens of AGFA - it's a well regarded name in medium format. I guess the high price is due to collectors - these two models are the only ones with coupled rangefinders. The viewfinders on them must be up with the best - high magnification and very bright.

[/img]

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is a rather rare one. It's the top model of that range, it has a top-shutterspeed of 1/1500 and, as you mentioned, a coupled rangefinder.

The other models don't have a rangefinder and lower specs. See here: http://camera-wiki.org/wiki/Optima_Sensor_Series

I've had a few of these, but never used one...... (i tend to buy lots and most of the times sell things as seperate items, you can't shoot them all! I still have a 535 though)

I can imagine prices going up for top-of-the-line products since film is getting somewhat more popular these days.
Anyhow: that is a big price!

Here's one for half the money: https://www.ebay-kleinanzeigen.de/s-anzeige/agfa-optima-1535-sensor/697428937-245-2914

Cheers, René!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 5:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ay, the one I have tops out at 1/500 and the x-sync speed (which is also the mechanical speed) is only 1/30 I believe. These would be perfect cameras if they were fully mechanical. The lightmeter on mine is not as sensitive as it once was, but negative film should handle the difference. Too bad that other one is on Ebay Classifieds (same as 'Gumtree' I guess). I wouldn't object to paying 80 euro for one, but the electronics cannot be guaranteed anymore. They are just such nice cameras to use.