Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Ricoh 800 EES (Ricoh Elnica F)
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 12:42 pm    Post subject: Ricoh 800 EES (Ricoh Elnica F) Reply with quote

I have one of these Ricoh 800 EES (Ricoh Elnica F) apparently it works but I will need to buy some batteries for it, am I right in saying that it is battery dependant? Can't find a free download for a manual, just wondering how it is best operated? it has distance scale, film speed and Guide number selection, these appear to be the only adjustment on this camera, can some one give me some clues please? Ok it seems to be a point and shoot range finder camera. Does it have a set aperture? and shutter? I get that one can set film speed, any clues much appreciated.
Thank you regards beachgardeber.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome beachgardener

Let's try asking again. ..

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a very nice camera, it's a bit underrated if you ask me. I think that is because of the fact that people think the batteries are no longer available.

However, there is a way around that problem. I recently got one of these as well and added it to the camera-wiki pages where it wasn't represented until now.
Here's the page: http://camera-wiki.org/wiki/Ricoh_800_EES

You need these adapters to get it going again, it will then take the widely available LR44 (AG13) battery, or you can use hearing-aid batteries which have a voltage closer to the original ones:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Two-BATTERY-ADAPTER-HM-N-NR52-for-Yashica-electro-35GX-MC-Himatic-F-Fujica-35-/371619178693?hash=item56863aa8c5:m:mj7P2JrdHKvP9oVBqTDmjnA

Cheers, René!