Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Takumar 135mm f3.5 Pre-set - almost a sonnar
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Australian Robin is gorgeous, and your pictures do it justice Tom. You've used a wonderful lens, and you've used it well. Great images. Like 1 small

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks everyone for the encouragement.
Here is another image from this lens.
This one has had PP for contrast added - the lens is not normally this contrasty
Tom

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2021 9:21 am    Post subject: Re: Takumar 135mm f3.5 Pre-set - almost a sonnar Reply with quote

Hi Oldhand,

You have used a copy of a page from a book I published in 1999.

It would have been nice if you had mentioned that, in stead of referring to an unknown source.

Regards,

Gerjan van Oosten

P.S.: I have a new book on Pentax cameras, Takumar lenses and accessories 1952-1977 out just now!

Oldhand wrote:
A beautiful little lens and so easy to use..
Here is the lens courtesy of https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/564x/ed/5c/a2/ed5ca282950cdd3cb4c7d4c9b8b4e23c.jpg

And here are some images taken with it.
T

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2021 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha I was just referencing your book to check out the sonnar claim. it does look a bit like one.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2021 2:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Takumar 135mm f3.5 Pre-set - almost a sonnar Reply with quote

Argos wrote:
Hi Oldhand,

It would have been nice if you had mentioned that, in stead of referring to an unknown source.

Regards,

Gerjan van Oosten

P.S.: I have a new book on Pentax cameras, Takumar lenses and accessories 1952-1977 out just now!

Oldhand wrote:
Here is the lens courtesy of https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/564x/ed/5c/a2/ed5ca282950cdd3cb4c7d4c9b8b4e23c.jpg

In defense of Oldhand, he gave his source. Smile (I believe that is a link to a Pinterest image)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2021 6:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Takumar 135mm f3.5 Pre-set - almost a sonnar Reply with quote

visualopsins wrote:
Argos wrote:
Hi Oldhand,

Regards,

Gerjan van Oosten

Oldhand wrote:

In defense of Oldhand, he gave his source. Smile (I believe that is a link to a Pinterest image)

The source makes the same error of not mentioning my name and publication.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2021 6:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Takumar 135mm f3.5 Pre-set - almost a sonnar Reply with quote

Argos wrote:
visualopsins wrote:
Argos wrote:
Hi Oldhand,

Regards,

Gerjan van Oosten

Oldhand wrote:

The source violated your copyright. Oldhand did not. How was he to know the source image is a violation of copyright?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2021 6:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Takumar 135mm f3.5 Pre-set - almost a sonnar Reply with quote

visualopsins wrote:
Argos wrote:
visualopsins wrote:
Argos wrote:
Hi Oldhand,

Regards,

Gerjan van Oosten

Oldhand wrote:

The source violated your copyright. Oldhand did not. How was he to know the source image is a violation of copyright?

I find this remark naive, he could have known or at least suspected that s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com is not a trustworthy source, certainly if it does not mention any reference, copyright or comparable info.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2021 8:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Takumar 135mm f3.5 Pre-set - almost a sonnar Reply with quote

Argos wrote:
visualopsins wrote:
Argos wrote:
visualopsins wrote:
Argos wrote:
Hi Oldhand,

Regards,

Gerjan van Oosten

Oldhand wrote:

I find this remark naive, he could have known or at least suspected that s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com is not a trustworthy source, certainly if it does not mention any reference, copyright or comparable info.

Not my fault the issue is so simple. Smile

I repeat, how is anybody to know the image posted on Pinterest is copyright? Oldhand simply reposted a great resource obtained from social media here: https://www.pinterest.com/pin/292734044508991381/

Imho your issue is entirely with Pinterest user "Cf S" (@csabaxfazoli) https://www.pinterest.com/csabaxfazoli/ especially since we now know the proper attribution thanks to your post here.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2021 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately many images get orphaned on the web through multiple mechanisms often Its first attributed to the correct source then other people save that picture or text fo reference, then they decide to post it in a different forum but lost the source info so it goes out unaccredited of with a vague accreditation to some post or blog.
If receiving proper accreditation is important to you, you have to include your copyright info in the picture as a watermark and as EXIF info, this info will usually survive with honest users, dishonest users will crop and strip out that info to make themselves look like they are the source.

So rather than attacking Oldhand, perhaps you could have posted the correct accreditation or link to the original source so we all may benefit

I'm guilty of saving pictures without saving the source info, it doesn't always register that I should be saving that info along with the graphic, for example with my iPad & iPhone it was impossible to add extra info to a saved image my only option was to take a screen shot from tha page I found it on, my intent isn't to steal credit but to gather information an a subject or item that helps me understand it better, 3 -5 years later someone may ask a related question and i will have a memory of the image but not any info of the source, so should I keep that image to my self to not perpetuate the loss of accreditation or help that person by passing along that image without accreditation(I'll do my best at finding the original source through reverse image searches but it's often impossible because the original site has disappeared from the web.
There are so many great blogs that vanished from the early days of the internet, some have resurfaced thanks to dedicated people that saved every page so they would have that info forever.

There is a huge difference between someone sharing related information that they have accumulated over the years and someone taking other people's work and passing it off as their own work.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2021 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think there is any need for nit picking over this. Not everybody is adept at tracing images over the internet and Oldhand can speak for himself if he reads this.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2021 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

D1N0 wrote:
I don't think there is any need for nit picking over this. Not everybody is adept at tracing images over the internet and Oldhand can speak for himself if he reads this.

Thanks everyone for the input.
I think that all that needs to be said, has already been said.
I have nothing further to add.
Time to move on.
Tom