Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

ISCO Westanar 2.8/50mm + Westagon 2/50mm
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 6:34 pm    Post subject: ISCO Westanar 2.8/50mm + Westagon 2/50mm Reply with quote

Was digging through lenses, found these two nice chrome ones in M42 mount...

Can't really remember how good those are??

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Duh, guess I have a rather short term memory...

http://forum.mflenses.com/isco-westagon-50-2-0-chrome-m42-and-ricoh-gxr-t76125,highlight,%2Bwestagon.html

Our member serkol has posted some fine pics with it Wink

Others??

(uddhava, I remember in th eback of my head that you were interested in them...?)

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I compared two Westanar lenses (reverse tessar) with an Isconar (triplet), and the triplet outperformed both Westanars, surprisingly. From what I've seen elsewhere, it seems the Westanar is just not a very sharp lens. That's probably why it was dropped from ISCO's line up, you never see them in the later zebra or plastic style barrels.

The Westagon 2/50 is decent in the center, but very soft in the corners. The later Westromat/Westrocolor 1.9/50 however, is an excellent lens. Interestingly, there is a later plastic barreled "Westagon" that appears to just be a manual aperture version of the Westromat. I've never had my hands on one so I can't confirm, but it's definitely not the same lens as the earlier Westagons.