Home
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in
The meaning of meyer-optik logo's
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:12 am    Post subject: The meaning of meyer-optik logo's Reply with quote

I am not talking about the modern meyers, but the legacy ones. They seem to have three different logo's like russian lenses:

and this one

and this one:

Can't find any others. Does anyone know their meaning and what they can tell you about your copy?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

magic blog: "PHOTO but MORE"

Horst
Neuhaus

http://photobutmore.de/exakta/zeiss/

(look second half of the page)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those markings are from the "East Germany/DDR" era and, I believe, were meant to indicate a particular standard of quality - perhaps those supposedly for the export market. I don't think they were confined to Meyer lenses, nor indeed that they really indicated anything special about the quality. Other Forum members will perhaps have more definite information.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Old thread here - http://forum.mflenses.com/q1-marked-lenses-from-gdr-are-actualy-better-than-non-q1-t67880.html

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sergtum wrote:
magic blog: "PHOTO but MORE"

Horst
Neuhaus

http://photobutmore.de/exakta/zeiss/

(look second half of the page)

Thanks, so they are quality markings

Qualitätszeichen / Gütezeichen

Seit 1952 wurden vom Amt für Standardisierung, Messwesen und Warenprüfung (ASMW) - der Warenprüfanstalt der DDR - Gütezeichen vergeben. Es galten bei "klassifizierungspflichtigen Erzeugnissen die mit hoher Effektivität" hergestellt werden:

First Pic: „Q1“ für Weltmarktspitzenerzeugnisse war das höchste Qualitätssiegel der DDR (world market top qualification was the highest seal of quality)

Second pic:
Gütesiegel „1“ für Erzeugnisse deren Gebrauchseigenschaften mit denen anderer Erzeugnisse auf dem Weltmarkt
vergleichbar sind – die 1 stand dabei in einem Dreieck, meist/\, aber auch\/ (1 in triangle, for the east german market but comparable to Q1)

No pic: Gütesiegel „2“ (ebenfalls im Dreieck) bedeutet, mit anderen DDR-Erzeugnissen vergleichbare Qualität (2 in triangle is DDR quality, whatever that means)

Third pic: wenn nur ein leeres Dreieck dargestellt ist, besteht keine Vergleichbarkeit. (no comparison to other significations so probably just for local or Comecon countries)

No pic:"Das Gütesiegel „/S\“ liegt in der Wertung zwischen Q1 und 1. (triangle with s in it, quality between pic one and pic 2)

Produkte mit Gütesiegel Q1, /S\ oder /1\ galten üblicherweise als für den Export geeignet. (pic 1 pic 2 and triangle s were good enough for export)

reference:

apparently they were also on the CZJ lenses. But they stopped using them in 1971 though the were some lenses in 69/70 that also did not have them.
My Pentacon 200-4 zebra doesn't have one, but a Pentacon symbol instead.

Last edited by D1N0 on Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:45 pm; edited 2 times in total

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fuzzywuzzy wrote:
Old thread here - http://forum.mflenses.com/q1-marked-lenses-from-gdr-are-actualy-better-than-non-q1-t67880.html

That also clarifies things a lot

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1 small

D1N0: thank you. That's really helpful info. Now I've got to go check my Myers lenses.

This is my first post BTW. Been lurking for awhile. Cheers.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Serendipity wrote:
Like 1 small

D1N0: thank you. That's really helpful info. Now I've got to go check my Myers lenses.

This is my first post BTW. Been lurking for awhile. Cheers.

Welcome.