Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

New Camera from Sony: A9
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:01 pm    Post subject: New Camera from Sony: A9 Reply with quote

http://www.theverge.com/circuitbreaker/2017/4/19/15356680/new-sony-a9-mirrorless-camera-announced-specs-price-release-date

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats going to make waves.But at +$4000 (££££'s ?) I'll pass thanks.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks pretty insane, but yeah, Sony keeps churning out more expensive and fancy E mount cameras but don't seem to add many lenses. I know a lot of people (especially APS-C users) who want more E mount glass offerings, not another body.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Double posting, already in Announcements... Wink

http://forum.mflenses.com/sony-flagship-mirrorless-a9-t77235.html

Last edited by kds315* on Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:14 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Too rich for me.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sony keep upping the game, that looks awesome.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like a hell of a body for $4500. But hard to justify buying this if you're not a pro..

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, not for me. But it will likely increase the number of used bodies in lower tiers and thus reduce prices (hop, hope).

Sorry Klaus I missed that previous post entirely.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not for me either. I am tempted by a7ii but I am waiting for the time I can pick up a used one in the $800 range.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm interested in what the sensor can do, other than that, it doesn't fit my desire for a FF NEX-7
It is nice that you can shoot at 20 fps with manual lenses, and soot at 1/35000, more tools for the creative mind.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gardener....I think you will have to wait a long time until they go that low,the a6000 still maintains a high price.IMHO the a9 is overkill unless you are a well paid Pro or a Wannabe. Wink

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That depends on how serious I get about this whole thing. If I decide to go for it - this year for sure.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Give the a9 a few months and the a7ii should be under a 1000. Go for it. You will not regret it. If the a7rii comes down enough maybe I should sell you mine Laugh 1

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do not really think that a9 will depress a7ii prices - they are just not in the same market segment.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lightshow wrote:
I'm interested in what the sensor can do, other than that, it doesn't fit my desire for a FF NEX-7
It is nice that you can shoot at 20 fps with manual lenses, and soot at 1/35000, more tools for the creative mind.

You can't ! MF lenses 'only' shoot up to 10fps .

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 4:53 am    Post subject: Re: New Camera from Sony: A9 Reply with quote

jamaeolus wrote:
http://www.theverge.com/circuitbreaker/2017/4/19/15356680/new-sony-a9-mirrorless-camera-announced-specs-price-release-date

Sony's attempt to take some pro market from Canon and Nikon. Not likely with their support track-record.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:16 am    Post subject: Re: New Camera from Sony: A9 Reply with quote

RichA wrote:
jamaeolus wrote:

Sony's attempt to take some pro market from Canon and Nikon. Not likely with their support track-record.

Here in Switzerland, Sony is clearly breaking into the professional market with their A7II series. A9 series will increase their market share again. That's what the profesional dealers tell me.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cyrano wrote:
Lightshow wrote:

You can't ! MF lenses 'only' shoot up to 10fps .

Yes, 20fps if for native glass only, non-Fe glass is 10 and that's with electronic shutter which can cause banding. Mechanical shutter is 5fps.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:20 pm    Post subject: Re: New Camera from Sony: A9 Reply with quote

stevemark wrote:
RichA wrote:
jamaeolus wrote:

Here in Switzerland, Sony is clearly breaking into the professional market with their A7II series. A9 series will increase their market share again. That's what the profesional dealers tell me.

Yes. People often focus on whether core users of Canikon will switch. That's not the relevant point. The issue is whether marginal buyers and new potential buyers will take up Sony.

In the end market share 2-3 years from now will determine how successful Sony has been. So far all signs are pointing to Nikon being seriously undermined.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:46 pm    Post subject: Re: New Camera from Sony: A9 Reply with quote

coase wrote:
So far all signs are pointing to Nikon being seriously undermined.

Much of it is self-inflicted.