Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Pentax 50mm f4 macro Takumar preset +Pentax Ghostless UV
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 4:36 pm    Post subject: Pentax 50mm f4 macro Takumar preset +Pentax Ghostless UV Reply with quote

This lens fairly rare as is Ghostless UV filter.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1 Like 1 Like 1

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love it!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Sorin I can post pic of lens if needed.Regards

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

many thanks Klaus.....

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kryss wrote:
many thanks Klaus.....

Chris, do you remember how Pentax made those filters ghostless? Coating??

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Exactly Klaus..It certainly helps improve the pic...

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kds315* wrote:

The surface of these filters is curved.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TrueLoveOne wrote:
kds315* wrote:

The surface of these filters is curved.

Ah yes, now I remember!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1 Happy Dog

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks ED...

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a great image Kryss, from a great lens.

Does the Ghostless UV Filter improve the image, or does it just not detract from an unfiltered image? If that make sense? The use of clear / daylight / UV or protective filters is always up for debate with the haters saying anything in front of the lens must degrade the image, with ghosting being the main reason against using a 'clear' filter for lens protection. So does the filter just 'not ghost' - or does it add something other than physical protection?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For M42 S-M-C 1:1.4/50 my ghostless filter degraded image just as any other UV filter, although I didn't notice any ghosting Laughing .

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks David,I do not see any degradation on shots taken with this lens and Pentax being known for first class glass for medical as well as Photographic use would not put a filter on market that was inferior,also it wasn't cheap. Wink

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The preset lens is a different animal than the other 2 50mm f4 macros

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kryss wrote:

Yes, the front element is tiny and set back about 45mm from the filter thread - making the front element more difficult to clean so a filter would useful, but the 45mm gap might introduce problems that aren't apparent with a lens where the gap is a few mm.
I rarely use a filter, only sometimes for protection on a windy day to keep dust or rain off a front element and I don't worry about wiping a filter clean on my shirt. And a lens like this Tak' Macro is exactly the sort of lens I would want to protect.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kryss wrote:

?

Mechanical differences, to achieve 1:2 to 1:1 magnification range -- unique helical extends both ends of lens(!) -- the 1:1 version aperture has preset mechanics.

The optics of all these is identical -- also, both my copy's lens coatings looked identical, unlike the differences seen between other Super- and Super-Multi-Coated lenses, my 1:1 Macro-Takumars appeared to have the S-M-C coatings...

All of them have the deeply recessed front element.

The Ghostless filters I had were top quality comparable to best filters available from any manufacturer (at the time).

There is the possibility the filter may provide some kind of image improvement in the 1:2 to 1:1 magnification range, which only one of the lenses is capable.

I got best results FULLY stopped down -- with Canon 5Dc full-frame sensor I could not see any image degradation from, say, f/8 -- the lens is very very sharp throughout its operating range; a conservative lens design.

I have never before heard that reason why Pentax changed from 1:1 to 1:2 model. Obvious, the mechanics cost less to produce. Of course there is some image degradation on entering the greater magnification range -- that happens with ALL macro lenses; nothing special to the 1:1 Takumar. Is there a source for that comment?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many thanks for Info...