Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

ferrania's shop opened with first batches of sixties' P30
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:54 pm    Post subject: ferrania's shop opened with first batches of sixties' P30 Reply with quote

http://www.filmferrania.it/p30/

Well they got it into production mode, even if, a la software house, they are calling it an alpha stage film (expect defects, they mean, while trying it).

Shop is here

https://shop.filmferrania.it/

From what I see it looks like a classic film, recipe should be the same (they anticipated they are just re-making historical films using original recipes and machinery)

They were expected to market a color film from the scotch era (a thing I never appreciated then ..) instead they came up with this classic bw that had been usied by serious italian movie industry of the sixties (Fellini used this film as well).

I'm not expecting much from their next color film (Ferrania/Scotch didn't ever produce something up to the level of kodak ektachrome, not to mention Kodackrome), but this classic old bw is another story, the online gallery despite some defects from the first pre-alpha batch shows a deep, classical tonal range, totally of my liking.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The defects on the images shown look more like dirty internals on the camera, pressure plate etc. or poor processing. The film does shine through though. Like 1 small

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TAo2 wrote:
The defects on the images shown look more like dirty internals on the camera, pressure plate etc. or poor processing. The film does shine through though. Like 1 small

No they were due to a defective coating roller. It was immediately replaced. The batches sold are labeled alpha as for software, next betas will be ok probably. It is just a team of six former engineers who were able to convert the former research lab (the whole factory being now a technology park) into a miniature factory.

They are slow since they had to go uphill, machinery had been idle for too much time so they had to repair most of what they are using.

Honestly they have been documenting in detail all such hurdles to their kickstarter backers.

The idea of coming up with a very sound classic bw is actually a great breakthrough, it is possibly the best around now since it reminds to me the great tonal range of classical sixties films. Their resurrected color slide line won't be up to the resurrected ektachrome, they do not have the means to do new research, they are just putting back into production archived technology, they shall better stick to what is good in such repertory, however they shall have to put color film back to the shelves with their present technology.

The ligurian regional government showed some interest into the project, as long as the state or a batch of private investors doesn't come in with sound funding they won't be able to innovate.

The factory employed more than two hundred people before closure. If they start selling again they might possibly create some new jobs in the area so a state intervention might have some good reasons to occur.