Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

CLA'ed CZJ Sonnar 300/4 M42 Olympia/Olympic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 9:44 am    Post subject: CLA'ed CZJ Sonnar 300/4 M42 Olympia/Olympic Reply with quote

Wide-open performance before CLA:

Compare with its sort of rival - Steinheil Munchen Tele Quinar 200/4 M42 after CLA:

Marek

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

An interesting comparison indeed!

Now, I have a question, that could sound stupid: I have a CZJ Sonnar 180/2,8 of this same type: how do you operate, to change the diaphragm pre-set?

Thank you in advance,

Enzo (E.L.)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thru two silver pins changing the number value.

Btw will be cla'ing / selling another copy but Exa one, cased if anyone's interested Whoo Turtle

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

thank you for your reply and I apologize for my late one.

Actually, my CZJena 180/2,8 has these same chrome "buttons": from the round window, it appears the "22" value, but I cannot understand how to operate on the mentioned buttons to change the set value. Besides that, my lens works perfectly, and gives excellent results (even enhanced if I don't forget to mount a sun-shade).

All the best,

Enzo

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello again,

after a series of interesting circumstances, I've found a further, early postwar (1948) CZJ Sonnar 180/2,8 T, mounted on a Flektoskop reflex housing for Contax.

The lens has the same ring with the two chrome-finished "buttons" and the round window. On this lens, I've learnt that holding the two mentioned buttons, the ring slides turning, allowing the choosen aperture value to be seen through the window.

This means that on my 42x1 Sonnar (a 1955-made piece), the ring cannot be rotated because of hardened lubricant. Luckily, the "22" value appears, so the diaphragm can be closed to all values. Besides that, it's an excellent lens.

Thank you again for your advise,

Enzo (E.L.)