Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Aviation day with Tamron AD2 35-70mm f3.5-4.2 09a
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 2:27 pm    Post subject: Aviation day with Tamron AD2 35-70mm f3.5-4.2 09a Reply with quote

Took the 09a out for a test yesterday, whilst having a "bit of an aviation" themed day

As with all these old AD2 lenses this one has not failed to deliver the goods - shame I had left a "damaged" filter on it during these shots!

#1 - Airlander10 airship at RAF Cardington

#2 - Percival Provost at Shuttleworth

#3 - A pair of Hawker Cygnets at Shuttleworth

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1 Like 1

Dramatic sky provides a suitable setting for this aviation day. An old name from the past: Hunting Percival Aircraft Ltd. Very respectable results from this Tamron lens.

Where was the event held?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice pics Mark. The adaptall 09A, 17A and vaunted SP 01A are optical cousins and have comparable IQ, and the former two are s/h bargains, easily picked up for next to nowt.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Marcus

I have all 3, the 01A always gives good results, but I dont feel that the 09A is far behind.

I am also keen on the 27a and 44a in this short zoom category of AD2 lenses as well

The 59a and 159a still produce the goods - but just done feel as well made in the hand

I have yet to acquire an 07a so cannot comment on that one

Smile