Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Spitfire Mk.Vc - AR501 at Shuttleworth
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 12:38 pm    Post subject: Spitfire Mk.Vc - AR501 at Shuttleworth Reply with quote

Had another chance yesterday to stop by at The Shuttleworth Collection

This time I was "armed" with my trusty Tokina 17mm f3.5 RMC and the workhorse Nikon D3

This Spitfire was in the workshop hangar getting some TLC

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1 Like 1

Thanks for sharing -- there are aircraft buffs here...

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, I'm one of 'em.

From Wings Over Houston, 2015, Sony NEX 7, Tamron 300mm f/2.8 LDIF, ISO 100, probably 1/500 sec @ f/8:

I should have stopped the lens down to f/11 or f/16 because at this shutter speed I froze the props, which you don't want to do with propeller driven airplanes. Makes them look like they're just hanging in the air. Oh well.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, great shots! Have you done some post processing on the last two? Combined with the natural contrast and colour rendition (and some CA), I actually thought those were shot on film. The grain is not bad at all!

The 262 is cool but I'd be really happy to see a 162 and and Arado-234 flying. Not much of a fan of props, but there are quite a few classics!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whoo Turtle

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Whoo Turtle

No other picture except that of April 12 2017 is visible in my computer.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Teemō wrote:
Wow, great shots! Have you done some post processing on the last two? Combined with the natural contrast and colour rendition (and some CA), I actually thought those were shot on film. The grain is not bad at all!

It does look like grain, doesn't it? As I mentioned in the caption, both shots were taken with my 24.1mp NEX 7. The reason why you're seeing the noise that you are is because these are images that I cropped quite a bit, thus magnifying the noise. I didn't run a noise reduction routine on them because often it reduces detail.

I don't recall the details anymore but with respect to post processing, I probably did my standard suite of routines, which is usually just a contrast adjustment in Curves and a mild bump in sharpening. That's usually all that's needed.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chhayanat wrote:
Attila wrote:
Whoo Turtle

No other picture except that of April 12 2017 is visible in my computer.

The other photos are hosted from Michael's website. Does this direct link work?

http://michaelmcbroom.com/images/aircraft/woh2015/DSC00277_p51_spit_me262_4a.jpg