Home
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Spitfire Mk.Vc - AR501 at Shuttleworth
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 12:38 pm    Post subject: Spitfire Mk.Vc - AR501 at Shuttleworth Reply with quote

Had another chance yesterday to stop by at The Shuttleworth Collection

This time I was "armed" with my trusty Tokina 17mm f3.5 RMC and the workhorse Nikon D3

This Spitfire was in the workshop hangar getting some TLC

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1 Like 1

Thanks for sharing -- there are aircraft buffs here...

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, I'm one of 'em.

From Wings Over Houston, 2015, Sony NEX 7, Tamron 300mm f/2.8 LDIF, ISO 100, probably 1/500 sec @ f/8:

I should have stopped the lens down to f/11 or f/16 because at this shutter speed I froze the props, which you don't want to do with propeller driven airplanes. Makes them look like they're just hanging in the air. Oh well.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, great shots! Have you done some post processing on the last two? Combined with the natural contrast and colour rendition (and some CA), I actually thought those were shot on film. The grain is not bad at all!

The 262 is cool but I'd be really happy to see a 162 and and Arado-234 flying. Not much of a fan of props, but there are quite a few classics!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whoo Turtle

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Whoo Turtle

No other picture except that of April 12 2017 is visible in my computer.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Teemō wrote:
Wow, great shots! Have you done some post processing on the last two? Combined with the natural contrast and colour rendition (and some CA), I actually thought those were shot on film. The grain is not bad at all!

It does look like grain, doesn't it? As I mentioned in the caption, both shots were taken with my 24.1mp NEX 7. The reason why you're seeing the noise that you are is because these are images that I cropped quite a bit, thus magnifying the noise. I didn't run a noise reduction routine on them because often it reduces detail.

I don't recall the details anymore but with respect to post processing, I probably did my standard suite of routines, which is usually just a contrast adjustment in Curves and a mild bump in sharpening. That's usually all that's needed.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chhayanat wrote:
Attila wrote:
Whoo Turtle

No other picture except that of April 12 2017 is visible in my computer.

The other photos are hosted from Michael's website. Does this direct link work?

http://michaelmcbroom.com/images/aircraft/woh2015/DSC00277_p51_spit_me262_4a.jpg