Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Does anyone know about Distagon 35mm 1.4 with 1Ds Mark II?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 12:23 pm    Post subject: Does anyone know about Distagon 35mm 1.4 with 1Ds Mark II? Reply with quote

Hi.
I searched for C/Y lenses and EOS cameras and found out about this website.
http://www.pebbleplace.com/databases/contax_database.html

I have a 1Ds Mark II and some Zeiss lenses.
This website said that there is no problem with Distagon 35mm 1.4 and 1Ds.

I bought Distagon 35mm 1.4(mmg) today.
I checked lens and set to focus infinity.
Then I saw rear lens a little bit out from lens.

I'm not sure if the mirror will hit the back of the lens.
I want to hear you guys opinion.
Because you know well that this lens is not cheap.
I do not want to ruin this lens.

Thanks.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One way to check is to mount the lens, set it to a close focus distance, then set the camera to a 10-30 second exposure, press the shutter, then focus to infinity, and wait to see if the mirror hits on the way down, which on the 1DsII is not motorized IIRC, if there is a mirror hit, you can turn the focus ring till the mirror drops, at that point you can measure the lens length, you can then subtract from that the lens length at infinity to determine how big your obstruction is.
I've had a number of lenses that my 1DIII hit, and had no damage to either lens or camera, typically the mirror would hit at the beginning of exposure, then again at the end, but since the mirror wasn't motorized, it would hang and cause an error.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 8:32 am    Post subject: Thanks. Reply with quote

Thanks.
But I am not sure mirror hit.
Lens stick out more than lens inside barrel. So I think mirror will hit lens first.
But Thanks about your concern.

Lightshow wrote:
One way to check is to mount the lens, set it to a close focus distance, then set the camera to a 10-30 second exposure, press the shutter, then focus to infinity, and wait to see if the mirror hits on the way down, which on the 1DsII is not motorized IIRC, if there is a mirror hit, you can turn the focus ring till the mirror drops, at that point you can measure the lens length, you can then subtract from that the lens length at infinity to determine how big your obstruction is.
I've had a number of lenses that my 1DIII hit, and had no damage to either lens or camera, typically the mirror would hit at the beginning of exposure, then again at the end, but since the mirror wasn't motorized, it would hang and cause an error.