Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Bolton Abbey Estate with Tamron 26a
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 10:40 am    Post subject: Bolton Abbey Estate with Tamron 26a Reply with quote

Took the Tamron AD2 SP 35-210mm f3.5-4.2 ou for a hike around The Bolton Abbey Estate last weekend

Apart from being a little heavy on the Nikon D3, I can see this fast becoming a regular lens to be using

Great sharpness and colour have been captured by this combination.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1 Very nice. I really like the pheasant? Great shot. Cloudy weather suits photos of the ruins of the abbey. Somber.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

These are wonderful natural examples unfortunately very rare comments!!!!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fine pictures
Like 1 Like 1
jamaeolus wrote:
I really like the pheasant?

It is a mandarin duck (Aix galericulata), not a pheasant. Nice looking bird anyhow Very Happy

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice shots!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jamaeolus wrote:
I really like the pheasant?

That pheasant is a duck.Wood duck to be more precise.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1 very nice indeed!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I particularly like 6&7, great shots of a great location. I seem to remember there was a pub nearby which did a great Sunday roast, which was a welcome relief from studies in Leeds....a long time ago. Keep up the good work.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tamron seem to have made so many different focal length zooms that it's hard to keep up with them, every time I see a topic that is from a Tamron I check to see if it's one I've got - and most times it isn't. But....most times the images are good to excellent, Tamron seem to have got it right, they made some lovely zoom lenses, I think they were the leaders in the consumer lens market by a long way. And Mark's pictures show that. I'm sure there were sharper and faster zooms to be had, but at the price of Tamron lenses? Nothing could touch them.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is one of the sharpest lens I had compared also to fixed focal and modern zoom.
excellent in any opportunity, very useful in close UP, as excellent shown from the first picture .
It is a fantastic trip companion .
Andrea

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AndreaEOS wrote:
It is one of the sharpest lens I had compared also to fixed focal and modern zoom.
excellent in any opportunity, very useful in close UP, as excellent shown from the first picture .
It is a fantastic trip companion .
Andrea

It is really sharp, and has beautiful bokeh and colour.

I think I mentioned this in another thread: I'm not sure why the Tamron 60-300 gets so much love, and this jewel doesn't even get a mention. I had both, and dumped the 60-300. (Granted, for my type of photography I found 35mm more useful than 300mm.)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well just to add my 2 cents, when I acquired an example of the 26A, I too was favourably impressed with my walk-around pics: bright contrasty images, good colours. However more considered comparison indicated that this SP adaptall just isn't quite in the same ballpark as eg the 23A, 19AH, 01A. Have a look at my test pics at 70mm:

http://www.groupoids.org.uk/photography/TamronVSvivitar/castle/castle-compare1.html#lense0=4&lense1=5&aperture0=0&aperture1=0&xpos=73.72&ypos=36.68

and at 200mm:

http://www.groupoids.org.uk/photography/TamronVSvivitar/turret/turret-compare1.html#lense0=1&lense1=2&aperture0=0&aperture1=0&xpos=29.42&ypos=19.25

I did try a second example too.
I'm not knocking it it's a worthy lens but IMO not one of the very best SP adaptalls.