Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Painting with light. Kinoptik lens
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:13 pm    Post subject: Painting with light. Kinoptik lens Reply with quote

Restarted playing with a toy, I had used few years ago on my Sigma SD 10 camera for some portrait shots. A Kinoptik lens, coming from government surplus sales. Somthing around 1:1+/- approx 100mm. No diaphragm. Added a focussing and changed the mount to Canon now with a old already misstreated M42-Eos adapter. Nearly forgot about the fun, this monster can give.
No postprocessing, only changing the size.

Nothing serious, just a bit of playing in our garden.

Klaus

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First two and the lady statue are great. A photo-poetry.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pancolart wrote:
First two and the lady statue are great. A photo-poetry.

+1 I can imagine it as wedding lens or fashion lens on beautiful ladies.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nicely done. I guess it was lens from a X-Ray machine. How far away can you focus with that?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kds315* wrote:
Very nicely done. I guess it was lens from a X-Ray machine. How far away can you focus with that?

Buzz Lightyear: "To infinity ... and beyond!"

Infinity!Laughing Laughing

"Bis zur Unendlichkeit und noch viel weiter!"

Klaus

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lovely - most definitely a MONET feel to them

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, when in the mood for this soft pictures, it is fun to use!

old shot, made some years ago with this lens.

Klaus

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice. Looks like it's a Petzval type to me.

I have a Rathenower Optische Werke Visionar 1.9/168mm projection lens that has a similar rendering although my limited skills with the camera haven't gotten the same evel of images from it (yet!) as you have from your Kinoptik, Klaus.

Could you please post a picture of the Kinoptik lens.

Here are a couple of samples from my Visionar 1.9/168, it has a similar dreamy bokeh.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sehr schönes Portrait Klaus! Wirklich fein!!
(very fine portrait, really nice)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kds315* wrote:
Sehr schönes Portrait Klaus! Wirklich fein!!
(very fine portrait, really nice)

Danke dir!

Klaus

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iangreenhalgh1 wrote:
Very nice. Looks like it's a Petzval type to me.

I have a Rathenower Optische Werke Visionar 1.9/168mm projection lens that has a similar rendering although my limited skills with the camera haven't gotten the same evel of images from it (yet!) as you have from your Kinoptik, Klaus.

Could you please post a picture of the Kinoptik lens.

Here are a couple of samples from my Visionar 1.9/168, it has a similar dreamy bokeh.

Yes, some quick shots:

That lens has a front diameter of approx. 82mm and it's weight is 1406gr.....

Klaus

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is overall, similar to my lens, just a litle smaller, mine has a front diameter around 100mm and weighs about 2 kilos, not sure exactly, maybe more.

You're thread inspired me to take my lens out for a quick walkabout, I am about to post my own thread in homage, but I shall call mine 'fingerpainting' to acknowledge the lesser level of skill and the blatant plagarism!

I must say, you did a very nice job of remounting your lens, my mount is far more crude but does work nicely. I have experimented with fitting different fixed aperture disks to my lens but I still prefer the renderings it gives wide open, but using it is a challenge (a fun one however) because the depth of field is so razor-thin.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice glamorous flare indeed.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nicely converted Klaus!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2021 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Exaklaus! First of all, amazing pictures! i came in a few years late haha but with some questions.
Is this one exactly your lens? Ive found some info on the web and it seems this lens is actually a 90º lens missing parts making it a 100 1.3, or maybe i am wrong?
Thanks in advance and again, congrats!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2021 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the same lens, mine came mounted on a sort of military device, perhaps a periscope (there was a prism).

Yes, it's a 1:1,3 100mm, and somebody in the web added the iris to it, and obviously the helicoid too. I didn't find the time to play with it, and I am probably going to sell it as is, for the joy of flou lovers.