Home
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Kyoei f3.5 180mm + Speedbooster in park
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2019 5:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1 small Like 1 small Like 1 small

I recently took delivery of this gem. It wasn't supposed to arrive until September, and I wasn't really looking for it either. It sort of found me. Good price, why not? I like using Komura and Acall lenses for portraits.

I didn't uncover this particular thread until some time later, when I might have searched for Kyoei instead. Well, color me impressed!

What really grabbed my attention more than anything is how small the lens feels and how well it handles. The min focus distance is about 7 ft. It has a neat multi shaped aperture slowly going from circle wide open to star when stopped down. Not much else to say.

I would like to know is this lens a 4/3 optical formula, like a tessar variant?

Whoo Turtle

It does resolve distant subjects quite sharp on my copy as well.

APS-C Hand Held

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2019 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, CAs appear to be remarkably well controlled. If a lens is gonna exhibit CAs, it's precisely this type of subject where they will show up. Did you adjust for CAs in post processing?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2019 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cooltouch wrote:
Wow, CAs appear to be remarkably well controlled. If a lens is gonna exhibit CAs, it's precisely this type of subject where they will show up. Did you adjust for CAs in post processing?

Negative on the CA processing, not even an option in my case. The RAW software was Sony Imaging Edge.