Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

What mount is this?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 1:32 pm    Post subject: What mount is this? Reply with quote

Hi, can anyone tell what mount is in the pictures? Tried to search forum and google, but didn't have any luck.

Thanks in advance!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Minolta I think . . . based on that notch.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

guardian wrote:

+1 .. and the aperture connection on the edge of the mount. The rod like lever is a bit different to normal.

http://rick_oleson.tripod.com/index-99.html

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marcusBMG wrote:
guardian wrote:

+1 .. and the aperture connection on the edge of the mount. The rod like lever is a bit different to normal.

http://rick_oleson.tripod.com/index-99.html

Thank you both!

So then it's no-go with Canon EF I think?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes. Completely incompatible with Canon.

I see so many beautiful lenses with Minolta mounts, all useless to me.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

guardian wrote:

Okay, thanks for the help Like 1 small

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

guardian wrote:

...incompatable with Canon EF mount (EOS)

Limited only by your camera register distance, all those beautiful Minolta lenses plus the older Canon lenses with FL, FD mounts are easy to adapt to a camera with shorter register, as have most modern EVF mirrorless cameras...or just buy Minolta camera! Wink

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are many many extremely fine vintage lenses that cannot be readily used on Canon or Nikon. If you like vintage glass and want a full frame image Sony is currently your only decent option. Just about all the classic era SLR lenses have adapters available so for example the excellent lenses from Minolta and Konica are easily mounted and used. Very few on this forum regret selling their Canon gear and opting for one of the Sony A7 variants. Check e-bay and you will see that a used A7ii can be had for not much more than a lower tier Canon EOS camera.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 5:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jamaeolus wrote:
There are many many extremely fine vintage lenses that cannot be readily used on Canon or Nikon. If you like vintage glass and want a full frame image Sony is currently your only decent option. Just about all the classic era SLR lenses have adapters available so for example the excellent lenses from Minolta and Konica are easily mounted and used. Very few on this forum regret selling their Canon gear and opting for one of the Sony A7 variants. Check e-bay and you will see that a used A7ii can be had for not much more than a lower tier Canon EOS camera.

At some point i was in doubt wether or not to sell my 5D and L-lenses in order to get AF lenses for my A7. I did not do it. Canon's AF capabilities when shooting sports in burst mode are unbeatable. If you never need to shoot fast moving objects i can understand a complete switch from a DSLR to mirrorless, but in my case it would not work.

So i kept the Canon gear for those occasions where i can't do without fast AF and burst and use the Sony A7 and all of it's adapters for the classic lenses (mostly Minolta and Konica now) to do the "slower" shooting! Wink