Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

New Tamron adaptal screw on mount hack!
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 3:08 pm    Post subject: New Tamron adaptal screw on mount hack! Reply with quote

Schematics are available, Like 1 small
Excellent adaptal to Hasselblad solution, won't accidentally come off, does not require a drip tray and works with any camera, I could go on...

I think the pictures speak for themselves, this is a game changer![/img]

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks pro Cool

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you also post the thread details of the scews,Pitch etc? Where can I get them?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They look awfully like brass wood screws that a carpenter or furniture maker might use, usually found in a hardware or DIY store,but I have been wrong before..I think. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I was awarding points I would give 9 / 10 for effort, maybe 5 / 10 for ingenuity? but 1 / 10 for technical expertise! That is a level of craftsmanship that clearly shows that the person responsible couldn't fit arseholes to teddy bears. Rolling Eyes

( and I like those Tamron Asphericals, I've still got a 24-70 which was a zillion times better than Canon's crap kit lens on my EOS600 )

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That combo is in need a new paint scheme. I wonder if they'd be interested in my new multi colour paint line. A rainbow in a can -

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seen plenty of bear arsholes in my time but never really fancied fitting one to be honest, so yes, not one of my strengths.

Mind you, 15 / 10 overall will do me Like 1 small especially considering it was hand held and 'eyeballed only' at the pillar drill. I think for a lens that contains, so far, the most fungus I've ever seen in an optic and had its hand up for an 'out of the box' project, it just simply worked!

Incidentally, I did try a radical 'total immersion' in isopropyl alcohol (about 3/4 of a pint) on this lens prior. I put it inside a sealed container soaked it for an hour, then it was vigorously shaken, drained and dried with a hair drier then left on a windowcill to completely air.

Total failure!! don't try it, it doesn't work!!. The only effect was the rubber focus grip went floppy and fell off and I had managed to get pissed, due to beer, but blamed on the isoproyl to the wife.

Its just a cabinet queen now. Crying or Very sad

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Totally lost in the ether capacious... Question

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clearly chromate coated exterior grade deck type screws...... and a fine job you have done. Dip in liquid rubber and noobs will think "aha follow focus setup".

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with kryss, there is something definite Trump about it..

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the fungus was that bad, and you had the lens in your workshop, then the angle grinder should have been deployed. Laugh 1

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I reckon I would have taken it out to the gun range to see if it really is possible to shoot through an optic -- ya know, when a sniper takes out another sniper in the movies?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laugh 1 Laugh 1 Laugh 1 Brilliant David..

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice one, that would put it out of its misery...probably the kindest thing to do Wink What do you think kryss? give it the gun next? Very Happy

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 3:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It?..Him.... Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smile Oh dear...