Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Question about Trioplan
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 9:30 am    Post subject: Question about Trioplan Reply with quote

Hi,
I have the Trioplan 50mm f2.9 and the Primoplan 58mm f1.9 and I am very happy with them.

Do you think the Trioplan 100mm f2.8 can give something more that those lenses do not have? Personally I am not only after the "soap bubbles" but also the pictorial look they can produce. So the question is: Am I getting more of that with the Trioplan 100mm?

Thanks.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 9:33 am    Post subject: Re: Question about Trioplan Reply with quote

wolan wrote:
Hi,
I have the Trioplan 50mm f2.9 and the Primoplan 58mm f1.9 and I am very happy with them.

Do you think the Trioplan 100mm f2.8 can give something more that those lenses do not have? Personally I am not only after the "soap bubbles" but also the pictorial look they can produce. So the question is: Am I getting more of that with the Trioplan 100mm?

Thanks.

In my opinion definitely YES. The FL plays a main role in that matter.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, double focal length at a bit faster = double entrance pupil.
So your blur discs are ~double the size when the unshapr parts are at a bit more distance:
http://asklens.com/howmuchblur/#compare-1x-50mm-f2.9-and-1x-100mm-f2.8-on-a-0.2m-wide-subject

This is also interessting for the blurred parts that are no highlights that gives the soap bubbles.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it my imagination that prices are not as insane as they have been?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A cosmetically nice looking exakta mount all siver version with optical issues haze and perhaps fungus just topped 500 usd. Seems a little crazy to me but I got my zebra version in mint minus condition with both caps and case for under 100 just at the beginning of the craze.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

for me the trioplan 100mm is very unique and my most beloved "art lens". It is not only the bubbles, the trioplan can draw sometimes unbelievable mystique moods depending on handling and light. on the other side there is a lot of glow, flare and low contrast wide open. but you can buy a 135mm Primotar, much cheaper, but nearly the same rendering.
3 of my trioplan 100mm favourites:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1 Like 1
That is exactly what I wanted to hear Smile