Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Schacht Travenon 135mm f 4.5 enlarger. the 1 dollar lens.
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 6:43 pm    Post subject: Schacht Travenon 135mm f 4.5 enlarger. the 1 dollar lens. Reply with quote

I bid on this silly little thing. It was a 99 cent start. I bid 5 USD IIRC but no other bids materialized. It was sold "as is,untested" but looked fine in photos. When it came in it turned out to be in excellent shape. It is optically in perfect condition, has some minor scuffs on the alum barrel. It has a 17 blade! aperture. The aperture blades did have a bit of oil on them which cleaned easily with a q-tip and some alcohol. The mount is a 39mm thread with a jam nut. Adapted with a 39 to 42 ring and several extension tubes including a helical m42.

crop.

Decently sharp. I believe it is single coated. But I could find no images of, or by this lens on the web and only mentioned in some histories. as far as text documentation on he web.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice, lovely colours and vintage rendering, but still sharp enough to use. I like the Schacht lenses, my 105 / 2.8 is a lovely lens that delivers very distinctive pictures.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we had a "Deal of the Week" competition, I think you'd be winning.
Nice results