Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Canon nFD 50mm ƒ/1.4 + Lens Turbo II FD on Sony a6500
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 3:55 am    Post subject: Canon nFD 50mm ƒ/1.4 + Lens Turbo II FD on Sony a6500 Reply with quote

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice! You've done a great job of capturing available light. Although there are only a couple of your images where edge or corner sharpness can be evaluated, it appears to be doing a good job without distortion. Which appears to be the shortfall with focal reducers such as the LT II.

Have you tried it with an FD wide angle yet? How's the edge/corner sharpness and/or distortion with wide angles?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it's very difficult to notice any difference from shots using the same lenses on my A7R II, but I'm not really a pixel peeper. Sorry, I haven't tried wide angle lenses. I imagine they may be more challenging. I'm looking at getting a Flektogon 2.4/35, but it has to be the M42 version. There are a lot of lenses (Prakticar, Exakta, etc) that would be easy to adapt in terms of flange distance, but there are no available Prakticar to FD adapters. I would also love to get the Prakticar 50 1.4, but it only exists in PB mount (I would still use it on the A7R). I got the FD version because it has the shortest flange distance, but I may end up getting also the EF version because there are more adapters to EF, even with the longer flange distance.

cooltouch wrote:
Very nice! Although there are only a couple of your images where edge or corner sharpness can be evaluated, it appears to be doing a good job without distortion. Which appears to be the shortfall with focal reducers such as the LT II.

Have you tried it with an FD wide angle yet? How's the edge/corner sharpness and/or distortion with wide angles?