Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Domiron or Trioplan?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

However, as a collector, I must admit the fact that the prices for these lenses (Trioplan and Domiron) are too high.
There are cheaper "substitutes". For example, instead of the Domiron, you can use Auto-Takumar 35/2.3. They are different, but I think this Takumar is more preferable than Oreston. Instead of the Trioplan, you can use Cosinon 55/2.1 (I sell this lens, reduce the size of my collection). Or Fujinon 55/2.2, if you are not confused by the 5-blade diaphragm and the poor quality of focusing ring and diaphragm ring.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another hero of our topic, Primoplan 58/1.9:

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And a few more lenses that can be mentioned as cheap alternatives:

Biotar 58/2 (early version with 17 blades)

Pancolar 50/1.8 (first version with 8 blades and thorium glasses)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

D. P. wrote:
As for Pancolar (I have four different versions), I would not compare it to Meyer's lenses. Their "handwriting" is fundamentally different, it's a completely different lens.

Of all the alternatives suggested, it honestly looks the closest. In fact, in a blind test I don't think anybody would tell them apart.