Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Tamron CT135mm F2.8
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 3:19 pm    Post subject: Tamron CT135mm F2.8 Reply with quote

I just missed one of these last week which was a nuisance as it looked like a nice example and I'm intending to collect the whole Tamron MF range eventually. What I wonder is how it stacks up against the earlier Adapt-a-matic JSG-28Au 135-2.8 which I already have and like a lot.
Just wondering if anyone got both or used them?

Steve.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My copy is kind of soft ..

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's generally reckoned Steve that there is an original adaptall derived directly from the adaptamatics (of which I have a nice boxed silver one in my collection), then this was updated to the CT135mm, which was then replaced by the 03B, structurally similar but revised optical design with emphasis on close focus.
My example is pretty good stopped down, distinctly a bit soft at 2.8. Just a decent 135mm IMO, the design of 135's is pretty simple I think, typically 4 elements, and tried and tested, hence the abundance of sharp ones. I think the ratings on Pentax Forums are a bit flattering for these.

https://www.pentaxforums.com/userreviews/tamron-adaptall-135mm-f-2-8-ct-135.html

https://www.pentaxforums.com/userreviews/tamron-auto-135mm-f28.html

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for that Marcus, I suppose the only way to truly find out about these less common/popular old lenses is to physically use them and decide for yourself, based on the results you get on the camera and system you use. I do have a good copy of the JSG-28Au that I use on my 600d, I just need to get back to playing with film again and try it on on a mirror less camera as well.

Was there ever a hobby with so much stuff involved in it, as photography Rolling Eyes All to help people who cant paint, to capture an image...

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2020 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've just tested my copy and I think it is very much above average. Sharp wide open and smooth bokeh

Privet bokeh by The lens profile, on Flickr

Branchy mcbrancheface by The lens profile, on Flickr

The finger by The lens profile, on Flickr