Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

My £1 bargain lens !
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 4:47 pm    Post subject: My £1 bargain lens ! Reply with quote

I bought a Canon Breechlock 35mm f3.5 SSC lens for £1 at my Camera Club auction and took it on a trip to London at Christmas Time with my black AE-1 loaded with 2006 outdated Kodak Ektachrome Elite Extracolor I was given by an Old Friend from over 40 years ago -- I used f5.6 and i think the results are good -- I scan at 1600

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1 Like 1 Like 1

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like Dog

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice results Pete.
I think I still prefer my £1 bargain lens a Tamron adaptall2 SP90 macro - the mount fitted to it was worth well over £1 and the lens itself is rather useful. Smile

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WoW !! Yes -- that lens is 'famous' -- did you get it at a Camera Club ? If you are in Essex you can visit Brentwood PC free any Friday ( NOT Good Friday) www.bdpc.co.uk

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pentaxpete wrote:
WoW !! Yes -- that lens is 'famous' -- did you get it at a Camera Club ? If you are in Essex you can visit Brentwood PC free any Friday ( NOT Good Friday) www.bdpc.co.uk

I got it at a car boot, and admittedly its in a slightly tatty condition.
I have been given a few lenses at our workshop (North Essex Photographic workshop) but not anywhere near as much as I seem to remember you get donated!
Unfortunately North Essex puts me right at the wrong end of Essex for Brentwood, but MIGHT still make it some time Smile

Am I right in thinking you're now publicity officer for BDPC ?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes -- I'm both 'Syllabus Secretary' AND 'Publicity Officer' and got a story in last week's Brentwood Gazette about our 'President's Evening' . On the new Syllabus in for printing NOW I have cut out some Competitions as members who left the Club said there were "Too Many Competitions and not enough Tuition Events" and put on more Practical and Tuition Events.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pentaxpete wrote:
Yes -- I'm both 'Syllabus Secretary' AND 'Publicity Officer' and got a story in last week's Brentwood Gazette about our 'President's Evening' . On the new Syllabus in for printing NOW I have cut out some Competitions as members who left the Club said there were "Too Many Competitions and not enough Tuition Events" and put on more Practical and Tuition Events.

I thought I recognized the surname.

Fortunately I only have one job titled (treasurer) but that doesn't stop me having to volunteer when a speaker's needed at short notice - I'm covering 'basic post processing' on a weeks notice, as we heard our planned speaker had to postpone...

At least it won't be long till we can go out on location in the evenings, there are plenty of local options here that don't require any preparation.

Being a workshop rather than a club we don't really have competitions - I think we've lost a few members from not having the competitions, but at least it stops members from hording 'secret techniques' Smile