Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

My 35mm f:2 SMC Takumar
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 2:54 pm    Post subject: My 35mm f:2 SMC Takumar Reply with quote

I like this lens

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some wild post processing there! Really hard to evaluate lens contribution that way.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, I would expect better results to be honest. These images look horrible to me. Neutral But sharpness seem good as far as I can tell. Smile

EDIT: Oh, I see now that these were shot on a Pentax Q10 with a crop factor of 5.6. So this 35mm becomes like a 200mm tele. Surprised How does this work out? Doesn't this also magnify all lens flaws like CA and such? I'd say judging by these samples the Q series cameras aren't worth the effort with adapting 35mm format SLR lenses...

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I send the photos from phablet they seem ok on phone screen i think i must resize photos before sending when i look big photos i do not like them too..
I will send raw images for your opinions but they are b&w in camera.. Maybe problem is pentax q or my converting raw to joeg and ps problem?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After light room what are your opinions highest image available size

[/url
][url=http://forum.mflenses.com/userpix/20173/big_915_LRM_EXPORT_20170322_212117_1.jpg]

Last edited by dr.volkan on Wed Mar 22, 2017 7:01 pm; edited 2 times in total

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aha, this looks much more normal! Smile But no sharpness. Is the lens soft or just doesn't work well on the Pentax?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lets look if i can give normal sharpness

Last edited by dr.volkan on Wed Mar 22, 2017 7:30 pm; edited 2 times in total

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like a lot of fast old primes it is soft wide open. Stopping down will help.

Is this the early version with 67mm filter thread or the newer with 49mm filter thread?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

D1N0 wrote:
Like a lot of fast old primes it is soft wide open. Stopping down will help.

Is this the early version with 67mm filter thread or the newer with 49mm filter thread?

49mm it is very compact

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pancolart wrote:
Some wild post processing there! Really hard to evaluate lens contribution that way.

What isyour opinion after some work
I used raw converter Lr
And ps express
Before in camera editing was not good i think..

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lens seems good on crop & smaller sensors! I already know good "normal" lens for Aps-C.

Compare these photos with photos using a lens made for that camera. Because photos from that tiny sensor will not compare favorably from the other lens examples here made using larger sensors.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

visualopsins wrote:
Lens seems good on crop & smaller sensors! I already know good "normal" lens for Aps-C.

Compare these photos with photos using a lens made for that camera. Because photos from that tiny sensor will not compare favorably from the other lens examples here made using larger sensors.

If the lens good pentax q performance is good
If the lens bad i cannot get any good results
For me this is more important to judge the lenses
Tomorrow i will use my smc macro takumar 50 mm

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dr.volkan wrote:
visualopsins wrote:

If the lens good pentax q performance is good
If the lens bad i cannot get any good results
For me this is more important to judge the lenses
Tomorrow i will use my smc macro takumar 50 mm

Dear friends 35 mn is not 35 mm at pentax q10
It is 196mm f:2 and these are not close up photos
Handheld tele shots....