Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Helios 44 Trioplan mod ?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 4:43 am    Post subject: Helios 44 Trioplan mod ? Reply with quote

Hello guys,

Has anyone heard or had any experience with this type of modification?

I saw this ad, ( http://www.ebay.com/itm/Trioplan-modified-lens-Helios-44-6-MC-M-42-/222150768580?nma=true&si=o%252BpOxjHt5lbBHM%252FADt7QwpAKx54%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557 ) I did not have yet how to buy one to see how it is done.

I really like the Helios and the Trioplan are very expensive, even if it does not get too close it is at least fun and I would try.

Thanks for any help,

Best Regards from Brazil,

Sorry bad english ,

Andre

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 5:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have experience with such modifications but my first reaction would be to just say NO.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Andre,

If ye have a Helios lens (any model) ye can play with it by reversing the front elements or removing the rear elements, tae give the same effects as your link. Or, removing the rear elements and adding an extension to the lens and turn it into a telephoto! Search on the web for Luiz Paracampo . He has a number of mods on sites. Can't find the links myself, ah have them somewhere. Like 1 small

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did some time ago some modifications on the Helios 44 to get a bit like Primoplan / Trioplan like bokeh. It worked, but I was not 100% statisfied. Have to find my two prototypes and do some comparison with the Primoplan 58 I bought last year.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure if he had actually managed to make it a three element lens, but for sure it does not have the feel of a trioplan. Those who have seen the bubbles of a genuine trioplan will know why.
And for sure it is not worth of 85 euros. No hard feelings, just facts.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys, for tips and opinions, to import any lens, are expensive more than 3 times because money conversion, and Brazilian customs are like hell, taxes and fees , Helios I can find many here , result are not so good like original trioplan, but it's for fun.

But I want save some money to buy a Original.

Best regards,

Andre

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meanwhile why not buy a Pentacon 80mm f2.8 projector lens?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fantastic shots with Pentacon 80mm f2.8 projector lens

I buy here in Brazil , it's on transit , a Angenieux 70 1.8 35mm movie projection lens, for less than $50 , maybe it's fantastic like this pentacon.

Thanks

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe not i have no info on that lens,are you not able to obtain Pentacon in Brazil? I would be willing to assist you if you are ready to purchase.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kryss wrote:
Maybe not i have no info on that lens,are you not able to obtain Pentacon in Brazil? I would be willing to assist you if you are ready to purchase.

Thank you, my friend, I'll see you around here and keep in touch.

Thanks

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1 Welcome Turtle