Home
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Tamron 55-90mm f/4 short zoom preset
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:59 pm    Post subject: Tamron 55-90mm f/4 short zoom preset Reply with quote

Even the blind squirrel occasionally finds an acorn . . . or have I wasted my money on a worthless pebble?

Anyway, I just saw a lens I've never seen before and bought it straightaway, paying perhaps far too high a price! I could not find other sales for this lens. Usually I eschew zooms. But I do have a soft spot for the short zooms. This lens just sort of struck a chord with me. It's difficult to describe exactly why I jumped. And just because a lens is unfamiliar to me does not mean it is special.

The lens is either YS or T mount. I would think T mount more likely given the manufacturer. It is from the mid to late 1960's, so about fifty years old. I went the extra money on the perception of good condition. We shall see on that one!

Anyway, here is my newest find. Please wish me luck. I'll need it.:

Click here to see on Ebay then click see original listing

Last edited by guardian on Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:19 pm; edited 2 times in total

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

looks cool!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What you have there is a rather rare lens!

The last one I don't have in my collection of early Tamron zooms.

I have been looking for eight-nine years.

I have no idea if its any good or not, but that doesn't really matter.
There are all sorts of OK zoom lenses for this FL range, but very few such pioneer lenses.

A collectors item.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like a score for $35 then (if not for the oddball factor alone)! Like 1 small

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

luisalegria wrote:
What you have there is a rather rare lens!

The last one I don't have in my collection of early Tamron zooms.

I have been looking for eight-nine years.

I have no idea if its any good or not, but that doesn't really matter.
There are all sorts of OK zoom lenses for this FL range, but very few such pioneer lenses.

A collectors item.

Luis

Thank you!

That means a lot, especially coming from you!

The lens actually hit simultaneously two of my personal triggers:

* Preset lens. I'm a sucker for preset lenses.
* Short zoom. I enjoy the short zooms, but they have become very expensive.

The collector aspect is also wonderful, but I'm not always the best judge of that aspect.

Well, bottom line, I'm pretty excited and feel very fortunate to have seen this.

Whoo Turtle

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats
Has to be a T-mount lens.
Picture and specs on http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=ja&u=http://www.tamron.co.jp/data/old-lens/olm55_90.htm
I have never seen such old Tamron.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Minolfan wrote:
Congrats
Has to be a T-mount lens.
Picture and specs on http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=ja&u=http://www.tamron.co.jp/data/old-lens/olm55_90.htm
I have never seen such old Tamron.

Thanks. And thank you for that great reference. I had not seen that before. Sure enough, the lens is T mount, just as you said.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That one may just have some radioactive glass in it too! Very Happy

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems like the seller didn't know what he had. I would have thought that an early lens like that would have sold for much more than that, congratulations Like 1 small

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats on that one! Nice catch!

Please do share your results coming from it, i think many here are very curious about what it can do.

Cheers, René!