Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Tomioka or not to be Tomioka? That is the question
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 3:46 pm    Post subject: Tomioka or not to be Tomioka? That is the question Reply with quote

Hi guys, did my first boot sale this morning and picked up a CX body plus these 2 fine lenses for the princely sum of £12GBP.
With the abundance of knowledge buzzing around this forum, can anybody confirm which if any is Tomioka made or would it be both. The serial numbers are very close but any similarity ends there.
Apologies for the bard pun reference in the title in advance.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would venture that the 55 1.4 is highly likely to be Tomioka. Every lens with that livery that the mfr was clearly ID`d has been Tomioka. 2 silver bands, leather look grip, orange marks for meter on focus distance ring. Do an image search of tomioka and you will see what I mean.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the 35mm Chinon. Mine has not the same cosmetic but it the same lens. I think it is a Sun Optics . This lens is average.

Normaly a Chinon 55 1.4 is a Tomioka . The rear element should look flat .
I have this lens as a Rikenon ( Ricoh ). When I put my Chinon 35mm close to my Rikenon , they look like yours on the picture .
The aperture rings turn the opposite direction like on yours.