Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Some test shot with Mir-3 65/f3,5 middle-format Soviet lense
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 11:17 pm    Post subject: Some test shot with Mir-3 65/f3,5 middle-format Soviet lense Reply with quote

I found it at fleamarket for 12USD, used it with Pentakon 6/Nikon F adapter on my D200. Originally this lense was with Kiev 88 (bayonet "V"), but it was replaced with Pentakon 6 (bayonet "B"). It looks like somebody loved it wery much... but the lenses are okay, aperture is working correctly, focus ring is smooth too. Here are some different shots:

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1

do you get infinity?

I had kaleinar 150/2.8 strangely converted from V to B (with some reverse ring or so, I think) but I could focus it only to abou 30 meters

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I didn't like that P6-F adapter, it have a little backlash in body mount, but infinity is ok.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kansalliskalaCafe wrote:
Like 1
I had kaleinar 150/2.8 strangely converted from V to B (with some reverse ring or so, I think) but I could focus it only to abou 30 meters

As I understood, mine was converted by replacing the bayonet, no rings, adapters etc.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks great (but very cold .. that continental climate)

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see you found my MIR-3 shot on Flicker, Maksym!

I sold the lens shortly after taking this shot with my A7 II, and it was a sweet looking lens, Mint and CCCP marked. I remember that it did not cope well with sunlight unless it was from behind me, it's a lens that needs a hood!